Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Simple Things

I've noticed that it's the little things that matter. Little things can turn into big things - good or bad. For example, my laundry piles up all week, and my room becomes cluttered (shocking!). At the end of the weekend when I feel guilty, I begin to clean up sections of the room or do a load of laundry. On Monday when I'm getting ready, it feels great! It's like a whole new world that is in order. (If only all of life was this simple!) Then, there are little things that bug you to death and end up driving you crazy.

When I'm stressed or feeling like a failure at, well, life, the simple act of putting something else in order makes life more manageable. You would think that I would have figured this out by now, but I guess I forgot. Just sharing this little pearl. So, just doing something simple for someone else is a small little miracle. I miss my dad b/c he does that for us - getting a tank of gas or running and errand for us. He is busy too, but he is always willing to do something small for us. Man, I wish I were in the Ham! :)

No comments: