Monday, August 15, 2011

Tough day, better tomorrow?

There are some things that you can just never un-see. There are also things that are never explained well until you do them. When both of those instances combine, you get mass hysteria. I have noticed thus far on wards that your mood is contagious. If you're in a bad mood, then most of your team will be. If you are really stressed, then most of your team will be. If you are FREAKING OUT, then most of your team will be. I've noticed that it's multiplied by 20 when it's the leader of the team. You always think about those that are meant to be leaders and those that aren't. There's a reason that you are told to "set a good example," especially a sense of calm.

My new challenge is to be the rock. Luckily, I have had 2 great boys at my side that make this a little easier. They are less malleable when it comes to a high stress level. They may freak out on the inside, but they keep it together. I would like to think that I hold it together, but my face is all telling. There is just not a good way to keep the shock at bay. When the people in charge freak out, it trickles down and multiplies. Today, that was very apparent. I just wonder sometimes how people do this every day. I will adjust and learn. Today was tough. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better. Maybe I just need a full weekend off. Thankfully, that is this weekend.

No comments: